Thursday, September 20, 2007

Son of "Holy Shit! A New Post!!!"



I live in a predominantly Asian neighborhood. And by Asian, I don't mean like a “Chinatown”, or a “Little Korea” or a “Japanvill” or a “New Saigon” or any of the other singular Asian communitys formed by the ex patriots of one particular country. I live in a melting pot of multi-Asian culture. A block and ½ from my home one can find: A Chinese bakery, A Vietnamese sandwich shop, a Filipino newspaper office, a Taiwanese video rental shop, a Korean run auto shop, & a Japanese massage parlor. This neighborhood is so hardcore Asian that many of the store front signs are not in English. Now, Asians a whole have a quiet dignity than transcends into a peaceful environment. No Kung Fu battles. No Tong wars. No Yakuza Miso raids. It's nice & quiet in my neighborhood.
BUT, on Saturday night, It's time to kick out the jams motherflucker. The only stereotype of Asians that is sure as shit true is that they all got big damn karaoke machines and they love to use them. On Saturday night you can here the top Asian pop hits of today & yesterday being warbled in a reverb-drenched hideousness by countless families enjoying their happy fun leisure time. The bad thing about Asian pop music is that it's AS CRAPPY AS WESTERN POP MUSIC & it's NOT IN ENGLISH!
Now, after an evening of these hellish sounds wafting through the streets like some bad ear stink. I need to reverse the spell of evil Asian pop karaoke shit & spin some true Asian rock 'n' roll greatness. Outside of Japan, nothing in Asia rocked as hard than the Cambodian “Circle Dance Music” Rock scene of the 1960's & 70's. I like to put this recording on and forget about all the squares with their Happy Fun Karaoke family sing-along Holocaust pop nightmare bullshit & take a trip down false memory lane, where I'm transported back to Cambodia's most happening 60's freakbeat disco. Fuck, I think I'll open my own 60's themed Asian disco down the block. I'll call it “Mr. Flank's”

1 comment:

zigzagwanderer said...

Thanks for this,nice to find something a little more unusual.